General about dreams:
- “The interpretation of dreams”, Sigmund Freud. First published in 1899.
- “Man and his symbols”, Carl Jung. First published in 1964.
- “Memories, dreams, reflection”, Carl Jung. First published in 1964.
- “Dreams”, written by Malú Sierra, about the chilean psychiatrist Lola Hoffman that worked with dreams, integrating Jung and native american perspectives.
- “Sleep, dream, die” an exploration of conscious with Dalai Lama. written by the neuroscientist Francisco Varela, that combine science and spiritual research about the consciousness and unconsciousness.
- Principles of Neural Science, by
Dreams in art and films
- “Journal” from the chilean filmmaker Raul Ruiz. Published in 2016.
- “Dialogues Between Borges and Sábato”. Orlando Barone. Published in 1997.
- “From Animals into Gods: A Brief History of Humankind” from Yuval Noah Harari. Published in 2012.
Papers and Articles:
- The neural corraltes of dreaming. Authors: F. Siclari, B. Baird, L. Perogamvros, G. Bernardi, J. J. LaRocque, B. Riedner,M. Boly, B. R. Postle, and G. Tononi. Link: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5462120/
- A Deep-Dream Virtual Reality Platform for Studying Altered Perceptual Phenomenology Keisuke Suzuki1,2, Warrick Roseboom1,2, David J. Schwartzman1,2 & Anil K. Link: Sethfile:///Users/paula/github/new_latin_wave_dic2017/text3d/private/Deep-Dream_VR%20(1).pdf
Francesca Siclari, co-author of the research from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in the US.
The biology of dreams. By David Maurice, Ph.D., professor of ocular physiology in the Department of Ophthalmology at Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center, a revolutionary.
What Your Dreams Actually Mean, According to Science
Time magazine By JEFFREY KLUGER September 12, 2017
The science behind dreaming. By Sander van der Linden on July 26, 2011
Doing Research Projects on Dream Content
- Dreaming and the brain: from phenomenology to neurophysiology
- David Lynch.
- Wim Wenders: Until the end of the world.
- Michel Gondry: The science of sleep.
- Andrei Tarkovsky: The mirrow, Nostalgia, Stalker.
- Raúl Ruiz.
- Eliseo Subiela: Do not die without telling me where are you going.
OTHER PROJECTS LIKE MINE
“dreambase” iphone application