THE EDITING PROCESS
” the project can be seen as metadata driven storytelling”.
Creation of a Database: Where this videos comes from?
Presentation of the project (min 1,35s to 3:20).
where the images comes from? (min 4:00 to 6:00).
So where do we get the images from? (min 10:27) or (11:25).
WHERE THE IMAGES COMES FROM?
- Produced by them
In long term:
- Produced by them
- From TV Archive donations
- Film Archives (in Paris for example)
- Other filmmakers donations
- Further: from the internet: facebook, youtube, flick of images people share.
MEDIA CATEGORIZATION_METADATA (from 6:08 to 7:10)
Theme/ athmosphere / sujets / narrative / etc.
- User record a trayectory.
- While walking the User can listen to the film (not watch it).
- The user can watch a graphic representation of the editing process.
- in the Web site can see the film with the map of the path.
- can share the video
CRITERIA SELECTION FOR THE EDITING /ALGORITHM JUDGEMENT (min 6:08)
- The app get spacial and temporal data. (Where, when)
- This info in transmit to a SERVER
- Automatized Editing Process
- Look for information of the user to improve the film.
- An editing filtering algorithm that uses a form (human behavior) as an input to create another form (storyline) as output. Tries to use those metadata with an artistic approach: by linking data together, based on words, concepts and values.
THE DEVELOPMENT OF MEMOWAYS
- Database management (upload, indexing of the assets)
- Project management (project creation, managing the usages)
- Changes the cinematography:” “one to many” but on the specific story (stories) of the “one to one”, or even of the “many to one””. Is has not the “final cut”. It´s affected by the public action.
- It´s a long term project. “The artistic project will just be interesting in 2-3 or more years, when the material we collect would be interesting” (min 10:50)
- It´s a complex and ambitious project that explores new media and automatization interacting with the real body /paths. INTERESTING Intersection between Live & Automated Media Experience.
- Connection with the space, past, present, collective memory.
- Its a very interesting research, very well though and done.
- Could /should the user experience could be simplified?. (I did not tried it).
- “Data without metadata will hardly survive. The value does not lie in the created object itself, but in the use (evolution, experience, transmission) of it. And without metadata, there is no use (at least in the digital world)”.
Can an algorithm match what a human editor does?
Can the algorithm supplant the role of the editor?
“No algorithms can’t match a human editor.”